SERVPRO of Madison-Goodlettsville is partnering with the American Red Cross for a Fire Preparedness Campaign
SERVPRO of Madison-Goodlettsville is partnering with the American Red Cross for a Fire Preparedness Campaign in our local market. Our campaign objectives include Saving Lives, Reducing Injuries and Building Resilient Communities.
Did you know …
- 7 times a day, someone dies in a home fire
- Every 40 minutes, a fire injury is reported
- Home fires cause, on average, 2,500 deaths and roughly $7 billion in property damages every year
Source: National Fire Protection Association 2013
Organizations including SERVPRO of Madison-Goodlettsville and individuals across the country are teaming up with the Red Cross to mobilize resources and volunteers to help improve home fire preparedness in their communities through efforts that range from door-to-door canvassing and smoke alarm installation with neighbors to innovative fire safety and preparedness smartphone app content. Campaigns are being developed in collaboration with local fire departments and aligned with existing preparedness initiatives, and will focus especially on increasing preparedness in at-risk neighborhoods.
The Campaign Cornerstones include ...
Door-to-door installation of smoke alarms and completion of home-safety checklists and plans in vulnerable neighborhoods
Youth engagement in classrooms and after school with technology, challenges, and science-based education
Marketing campaign to motivate individuals to take action to save themselves, their families and their neighbors by testing smoke alarms and practicing escape plans
How can we work together?
- Join your Community Home Fire Preparedness Coalition
- Participate in community home fire preparedness activities
- Help support, promote or implement community efforts to increase working smoke alarms in at-risk neighborhoods
- Take steps in your own home and neighborhood to prevent fires and increase preparedness
- Donate to support home fire preparedness
To find out how you can participate, contact Stephanie Hemminger,
SERVPRO of Madison-Goodlettsville at 615-868-5324