Overcoming Mold Damage in Nashville
SERVPRO Technicians Remediate Mold Damage Weekly With Great Success
Mold is a hidden threat that can affect every house, apartment, and condo. When mold spores are inert, they are perfectly safe and of no concern, either to your home or your health. Inert spores are everywhere, causing no problem until they have enough moisture and a food source.
Dealing with mold damage in Nashville is a complicated and time-consuming task which requires a professional restoration service. SERVPRO has developed a four-step process to stop mold from growing further, cleaning existing spores from surfaces and removing them.
First, we contain the infestation by installing containment barriers around the affected area and establish negative air pressure inside of it. This pressure forces loose mold spores in the air outside of your home in the direction we push them. Our technicians seal the HVAC vents to prevent mold from contaminating the air ducts. They also establish areas called ‘clean rooms’ to store equipment and change into protective gear.
Next, we remove the contamination. Surfaces are either porous (drywall, fabrics, and carpets) or non-porous (glass, metals and most plastics). Technicians remove porous materials from the contaminated area, and either disposed of or clean them. We clean non-porous materials inside the contaminated area, and then remove the mold itself. Technicians wipe down the surfaces with a clean cloth or, for thicker molds, using a detergent or anti-fungal cleaner. Technicians then use vacuums with special, HEPA filters that can trap a single, microscopic spore inside.
After cleaning and removal, there is the matter of contaminated dust and settled spores. Response team members allow time for both to settle and then wipe down surfaces. Cleaning is repeated until our inspectors no longer register high mold content on their air meters. Finally, we dry the materials and the structure of the affected area. If we do not lower the humidity of the affected area to normal levels, then mold quickly grows again, no matter how well we clean otherwise. Technicians use a combination of air movers and dehumidifiers to dry material, the structure, and the surrounding air.
Mold is not an obvious, visual damage like a house fire. In many cases, it is not seen or smelled until the infestation has grown over an extensive part of the structure. SERVPRO of Madison / Goodlettsville is ready to help you restore your home back to its original state. If you suspect mold is in your home or can see it already; call us today at (615) 868-5324.
For more information regarding Nashville, click here: http://www.nashville.gov/default.aspx